Featured Post

When God Calls You

Most of the time, when we are at the most comfortable moment of our lives... God will suddenly instruct us to stand up from that lazy b...

Road After 35

It was wee hours of the night (20 June 2015) when I finally responded to His call. Without any doubt, my heart surrendered to His will.
I felt inner peace and overwhelming joy that words cannot define...

At that moment, I knew that my life will never be the same again...
I am aware that it is coming, that time will come when I will turn my back on everything and live my life in the mission field, but I never had an idea that it will happen soon, just after my 35th.

I remember working on the hashtag #RoadTo35 on my IG account - BERK_LYC and a photo album on my FB with the same title.



My #roadto35 was full of happy faces. I was surrounded with the best people, I received gifts from my wishlist and had a memorable travel to Thailand with my best friend. I also posted on Kali Blogs:  Road to 35: Treasures Unfold wherein I shared my testimony of how God has blessed me with loving people who has made my life's journey beautiful.

Somehow, I know and I feel that something special awaits me on the road after 35, but I never realize that it will be this special... as He is calling me to serve Him... with all my heart and soul, with all of me.

There are hesitations, everyday, I am facing different challenges, I was placed in situation where I somehow ask God, why now, can I move it for few more years? Sometimes, I asked, why me... or is this really something that you want for me?

I am a sinner. I am weak. I am a work in progress and maybe I am still at the early stage of my spiritual journey.. am I really capable to work for Your ministry?

He responded with His words from Romans 11:29-31

29 for the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. 30 For just as you once were disobedient to God, but now have been shown mercy because of their disobedience, 31 so these also now have been disobedient, that because of the mercy shown to you they also may now be shown mercy.


How can I refuse the Word of God? The gifts and calling of God are irrevocable! (v.29)

He has blessed me with talents, gave wisdom so that I may use it for His glory.
I received His mercy; despite all my weaknesses and rebellion... He has shown mercy.
How can I not respond? We were given mercy that others may also be shown mercy.

We can never sit down and relax after we receive our salvation. Our Christian walk doesn't end in knowing that we are saved, but it is just the beginning...


We are here to glorify our Father in heaven... our life should be a testimony of God's love and faithfulness. In all the we do, in all that we say, wherever we are and wherever we may be, we should #ShineForJesus and be a channel of His blessings.

My road after 35 just begun... and I know it will never be a relaxing journey.
But by His grace, it is possible.
My strength comes from Christ alone.

I will testify His faithfulness...
I will never be ashamed to share the Good News and how God moves in my life.


---
PS. The responses that I received from my family and friends regarding my previous post, which is also my blog title now is overwhelming... indeed, God uses people to bless each one of us, to motivate and be reminded that He is in control in all situation.Thank you for your continued prayers... God bless your hearts.

I will post as much as I can all the lessons that I am learning, struggles that I face and the victory that belongs to Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment