Featured Post

When God Calls You

Most of the time, when we are at the most comfortable moment of our lives... God will suddenly instruct us to stand up from that lazy b...

God Answers No!

Last Tuesday, I asked for a miracle.

My mother was diagnosed to have gallstones... they can confirm the urgency of the needed operation on Thursday, that will be 2 days after we found out about her condition.

We only have 2 days to prepare...

Thank you Tita Elsa, Tatay, Kuya and Ate Del
In my prayers, I asked the Lord if once again, He can perform another miracle for my mother just how He did before... I remember her testimony of how God removed the cysts on her breast wherein at the final check up before she will be scheduled for surgery, the doctor didn't find any cysts at all.

I was just a kid that time... actually, if not from Nanay's testimony, I wouldn't know the story... however, I have a vivid memory when the healing and deliverance took place. It was in the church and my Nanay collapsed while the brethren were praying for her ... and my brothers and I were crying as loud as we can seeing our Nanay lying on the floor... we were not aware of what just happened...

More or less, it was about 30 years ago...

And last Tuesday, I asked God if we can again receive a "similar miracle" by removing the gallstones...

No harm in trying... No limits in praying...

BP Check
There comes Thursday... during the check up, the stones were still there, she was scheduled for operation the following day.

At the age of 74, she needed to undergo a surgery again. I know she's been to the worst and compare to her brain operation 2 years ago, this is minor...

When my Tita Elsa told us the schedule of the operation, I accepted the 'no' from God for my request...

We cannot expect a yes to all our petitions... we can never instruct God to perform a certain miracle, to do whatever we want to happen as we cannot comprehend how He will work in our lives.

We can try and express our heart's desires but it is on the basis of His will... if He allow; not our will but His will be done...

Did God just ignore my petition?

Of course not! Instead, He performed a much greater miracle in our lives...

Being a worrier before, I never thought I can be as calm and as peaceful as I was during those times. Family members were asking if my brother and I will go home, knowing that whenever such emergency happens, we always pack our things and rush to Philippines...

But not this time... I praise God for His continuous dealing in my life. I receive the inner peace that transcends all understanding. I know God is in control. There was never a single second that I worry about Nanay's condition...even my brother was at peace... indeed it was a miracle...

during the operation
God use people to help us financially as we need to send instant cash that night for the operation... His grace is sufficient...

I know God is able. My heart and mind are secured. From the time that I responded to God's call, the attacks of the enemy were constant and this situation was used to again stop me from my commitment to serve Him fully... but the enemy didn't succeed and never will it succeed!

The operation went well; She was discharged from the hospital last Saturday, a day after the operation. At 74, her gallbladder was removed; it was not minor operation, but her body responded well...  isn't it a miracle?

Nanay is a strong woman, physically and spiritually. She's been to a more difficult condition but her faith was never shaken. 30 years from the first miraculous healing, her testimonies continues to pile up... the story of how God rescued her from all the sicknesses that's she's been through...a miracle that we receive every single day of our lives.


Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine,
according to his power that is at work within us,
 to him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations,
for ever and ever! Amen. 
Ephesians 3:20-21

---

Thank you for all the family and friends who prayed for the successful operation amd
for all the love and support you have extended to our family. 
Thank you to all my Titas especially Tita Elsa for being there always.

All praises, glory and honor to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment